Thursday, July 06, 2006

Home and getting in the groove...

We had a totally fab time at the coast, but it's nice to be home. I tried catching up yesterday and wasn't hotly successfully, but I'm thinking I'm finally getting back in the groove today. :) You wanna know what I did while I was there? Besides read on my eBookwise on the beach and eat at the famous chowder house Mo's anyway?

I wrote the short story that's a prelude my Feb '07 historical werewolf book, Moon Awakening! It will be illustrated by a Manga artist and then put up as a free online read on the new website I'll be launching for my Children of the Moon late this summer.

And just because it seems like the right time to do it...here's my cover for Moon Awakening. I got it just before I left for the coast. Isn't it gorgeous?

Hugs,
Lucy
P.S. I've got a guest blog post on the Idea Boutique, if you'd like to check it out. :)

13 comments:

Michelle B said...

Welcome back, Lucy! Glad you had fun at the coast:) I love the blue color with the white on your new cover. It really catches my eye. Can't wait to see it on the shelves!!

I'll be sure to read the prelude when it goes up as well. I'm sure it will make me even more antsy for February to get here lol!

Kelley said...

Great cover, Lucy!!

Glad you has such a great time at the coast. I love the ocean; so beautiful and relaxing.

Vivi Anna said...

Fantastic cover Lucy!

Can't wait for it. I love wolfies!!

Brandy said...

What a great cover!! Can't wait, can't wait!!!

Kate Davies said...

What a fabulous cover, Lucy! Thanks for sharing! (And welcome back.)

:)
Kate

Stacy~ said...

Hey Lucy welcome back! Love the new cover. You know I'm anxious to read this one. It's great to see the title on the cover - I keep forgetting who selected it from the loop.

Well, it's good to hear you had fun at the beach. Your life gets so busy that you need some time to re-group and re-charge. Now look at ya - writing like crazy again. Gotta love that *g*

Jennifer Y. said...

Great cover!!!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, everyone! I really love the cover too. :)

And Stacy...Ann picked the title. She'll get a mention in the acknowledgments and a copy of the book...if she ever emails me back with her snail mail address. :)

Lucy Monroe said...

P.S. Brandy...you won the contest on the V&P blog, but I need your snail mail. :)

Brandy said...

I won? OMG! I think I feel faint! I'll email that to you!

Angelle Trieste said...

Lucy,

The cover looks gorgeous! Wow!

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Brandy...your prize got packed up to ship yesterday. :)

Thanks, Agelle!

Hugs to all,
Lucy

Judy F said...

Oh Lucy I love the cover. Off to pimp it to friends. Hugs