Friday, June 16, 2006

Most recent eBook buy...

Okay...I haven't read this yet, but it sounds really funny and fun besides.  So, I bought it and I can't wait to read it, but I've got to write, so the reading comes later.  But if I'm going to be tortured waiting, I thought I'd share the "joy" LOL and tell you all about it. :)
 
 
He's never lost a bet in his life but she's playing for keeps!
 
Cassandra Bishop’s boyfriend is back. Only problem is…she doesn’t want anything to do with him. Or his new fiancée. What the confirmed tomboy would like is to wring his neck. She might have done it, too, if he hadn’t filled her in on the embarrassing truth that he'd left her at the altar because she wasn’t woman enough to satisfy him. Her pride nearly settled for punching him in the nose…until she thought of something better—proving him wrong.
 
High on Burke Hallifax’s list of cataclysmic nightmares is having to look at his best friend as a real female. But when her ex-fiancé makes his wedding a personal vendetta against Cass, Burke has no choice but to bet everything on her ability to out hot-girl the competition. Unfortunately, the entire town is betting as well—on whether Burke and Cass can pull off the makeover of the century…without losing their hearts in the process.

8 comments:

Michelle B said...

Oooo, Lucy, I saw this last night as I was (dangerously) browsing at Samhain. When I next go on my ebook buying binge, I am definitely planning to get this one!

Kate Davies said...

I am so looking forward to this one! As soon as I finish up the novella and proposal I've got on my plate, this is totally topping my TBR pile!

Lucy Monroe said...

Doesn't it sound great??? Dee is ultra funny in person, so I'm thinking this story is going to be totally fabulous!

Dee said...

LUCY! LOL! Woman, I leave you alone for ten minutes...LOL! You're so sweet to let people know about this, lol! I definitely hope you enjoy this one because I've done nothing but enjoy your books too! LOL!

Big smooches!
Dee

Marcy said...

Lucy - I've read this and I adored it as you know.

It's just a bonus how you've flustered Dee though. LOL

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Dee...you are so cute! And I'm with Marcy...I like to see you flustered. ;)

Michele said...

I love Ebook recommends, thanks!

Just finished your Ready, Willing and Able trilogy. Oh, what hot and thrilling reads!

FYI- I just saw my SIL for the first time since the scare. It was SO good to hug her again, hear her laugh and to enjoy her fun sense of humor. I missed that so much. She lost a ton of weight and she can't even expect to return to work until September - if that. But she's alive - again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. My SIL is truly a gift.
((HUGS))
Michele

Lucy Monroe said...

Michele...I am SO happy for you and your family! How wonderful that you got to spend time with your SIL and that she's doing so much better. You're absolutely right...it's all about perspective and not going back to work right away doesn't sound nearly so serious when measured against never coming home again at all.

Super glad you liked the Merc trilogy too!

Hugs,
Lucy