Monday, May 01, 2006

An Update...

Because so many have asked. :)  I posted Saturday to say that I was 100 pages and a final paper edit from done, right?  Well...I spent 6 hours on Saturday dedicated to an author/reader luncheon put on by Rose City Romance Writers.  It was fabulous, btw!  Those ladies really know how to put together a special afternoon and hearing Elizabeth Boyle speak was ultra inspiring.  Which I totally needed. :)
 
Got home to a house full of extra kids.  My favorite kind, but not super conducive to writing.  And I was so bleary eyed from days without sleep that I could not actually write a cohesive sentence anyway.  Tried to take a nap...sleeping not so successful, but I did rest my eyes.  Got up and caught up on email.  Then my sister came over and stayed 'til after midnight.  I started writing about 12:30 a.m.  I won't say what time I went to sleep, but I got about 7 pages written and about as many edited left over from the day before.  Yesterday, Mom needed a handicap ramp built in front of her house.  My hubby and b-i-l did the building.  We spent the entire day and evening there.  Got home about 9 last night.  Household stuff before bed.  No writing.
 
I slept in this morning intil 9:30 a.m. - very good.  Yummy sleep finally. :)  I spent the rest of the morning catching up on email and keeping my commitments to others and I've got about 6-8 hours of website updates that MUST be done ASAP.  I *hope* to get some pages in tonight, but right now, I need to take dh to drop his car off at the shop and then will spend a couple of hours carpooling various kids.  After which many of said kids will be here to keep me company. ;-)
 
I still love Mondays!
 
Hugs,
Lucy

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Wow! That is pretty much all I can say. I hope you find the time to get everything done you need to! I'll be thinking about ya. BTW, it really says something about you that you are still taking the time to talk with us and keep us updated despite all that you have on your plate. I know it cant be easy. We'll understand it if you cant make it around as much. Good luck.

Holly said...

WHOA! I'm always amazed whenever I hear about all you do..in so little hours during the day. Still, maybe now that you've had a break, when you do finally sit down you'll be able to just rush right through the rest of your pages?

Here's hoping!

Hugs,
Holly

Monica Burns said...

You'll get it done. It will drive you crazy until it's complete, but in the end, it will be great. I can SOOO relate to your wild, hectic life and trying to write when you're bleary-eyed.

Hugs, Monica

Stacy~ said...

You are one busy chick! But you take it all in stride - I guess you recognize your blessings and take the lack of sleep and hectic schedule as part of the package. And you finally got a little sleep and that's a good thing. Hang in there - we'll still be around when you come back.

Michelle B said...

Holy cow! I'm amazed you've written anything! Just take care of yourself and your family. I'm sure the book will come together.

Michelle

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, everyone! 16 pages yesterday and the most pressing of the website updates done... :)