Monday, May 01, 2006

A couple of books filled with sexy humor...

Sometimes laughing out loud is all that stands between us and insanity...for the sake of *your* mental well being, I offer:
 

When Del Montgomery’s boss sends her to the Missouri Ozarks in search of a legendary pottery pig, her mission seems simple: figure out which of the clueless locals has the pig, convince them to sell it for peanuts, and then hightail it back to Chicago. Local auctioneer, Sam Samson, could be the perfect secret weapon in her search– as long as he never figures out what she’s really after. But is it possible to resist a tall, dark, gorgeous guy who’s as sly as he is sexy?

Everything about Del turns Sam on, from her city sass to her delicious cleavage to her habit of twitching her nose when she’s about to tell a whopper. And she’s been telling a lot of them. Still, Sam knows a true babe when he sees one, and he’s not about to let Del slip away…

And...

Just One Spark by Jenna Bayley-Burke

Mason knew Hannah was the one the first time he saw her. Unfortunately, in the heat of a very hot moment, he forgot he was wearing a wedding ring...

Even when the gorgeous firefighter managed to persuade Hannah the ring wasn’t actually his, he was still in trouble: Hannah was irresistible, confident, and sexy as hell – but she wouldn’t let him give her anything more than mind-blowing sex!

Mason had to help her trust her instincts – trust him – even if they cold only get through to each other in bed. Perhaps action could speak louder than words...

9 comments:

Kelley said...

Those both sound great. They are on my to buy list! Hope all is great with you.

Karen said...

Isn't Jenna awesome?
Glad two writers I enjoy so much found each other! >G<

Lucy Monroe said...

And Karen...you are so not going to believe this. I didn't...but she lives like four miles from me!! I just found out. :)

Lucy Monroe said...

Kelley...I thought so too. I like *smart* comedy...not so much slapstick.

Stacy~ said...

Lucy I love ya but you are so bad -- I just added both books to my tbb list for tomorrow (when I go pick up MJD's Drop Dead Gorgeous).

My turn: have you read Gena Showalter's Animal Instincts? It is fabulous! Filled to the brim with sexy humor. You-must-buy-it! ;)

Michelle B said...

Ahhhhh! More books to get! Has anyone found out if Just One Spark has been or will be published in the US? Not sure I can wait, but the budget is tight...

Michelle

Lucy Monroe said...

Just One Spark is only available through the UK. I'm sorry. :) It could be another year (if ever) before it comes out in any form in the US.

But I do have lots of UK readers, so I thought it was worth blogging the book for them too. :)

Michelle B said...

No worries, Lucy! I buy UK only (or long US delay) books occasionally. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask:) It's better to know now than when I can no longer find it!

Michelle

Lucy Monroe said...

Gotcha, Michelle...I do the same. :) Some books take much too long to come out the in US and some never do.

Hugs,
Lucy