Monday, May 29, 2006

Character Inspiration...

Okay...since you asked...here they are:



Inspiration for Eleanor Wentworth
Born into the world of old money and even older social distinctions, Ellie gives the appearance of fitting right in. She's lovely, elegant in her dress and her actions and knows the right things to say to all the right people. But in her heart, where it counts, she's always felt like a square peg in a round hole. She refuses to judge others by their place in the social strata or the amount of their wealth and rejects acceptance on those same terms. She works as a employment counselor for the state, helping others to better their lives and in her father's opinion, totally wasting her Ivy League education. Unbeknownst to her, Ellie has a twin and that knowledge is going to throw everyone in the book into a spin. I love those moments. LOL


Picture taken from Harper's Bazaar...an advert.



Inspiration for Sandor Christofides
Sandor was born the illegitimate son to a very Greek woman living in a small and still very traditional Greek village. Her stern father does not kick her out when he learns she is pregnant, but he never lets his grandson forget that he is the reason for his family's shame. The old man loves his daughter and grandson, but doesn't know how to show it and Sandor grows up with a burning need to make a place for himself that includes the respect and admiration of others as well as their unqualified acceptance. When his grandfather dies, Sandor's mother does the unthinkable and sells the family home and possessions to finance a new life for her and her son in America (the homeland of Sandor's father - do not know yet if he is dead or why he skipped the picture initially). Sandor excels in school and works odd jobs, beginning his build to wealth before he even leaves high school. At 30, he's one of the wealthiest and youngest men in a position of power in the worldwide shipping industry. He's now ready to embark on the next element to his plan...having the "right" kind of family.


Picture taken from CARGO magazine...an advert.



Wait until you see the inspiration for Amber and Miguel (the connected book). Too fun, believe me.



What do you think?
Do they make a great couple, or what?

18 comments:

Kelley said...

Very sexy couple, Lucy! Greats pics.

TJBrown said...

I think they make a great couple. I am goign to have to do that. Good idea:) Where do you find the pix?
Teri

Lucy Monroe said...

Kelley and Teri...I'm glad you think so! As for where I find my pics, Teri...

I keep files of pics clipped from magazines and printed off the internet, separated by hair color. When my characters have more inner substance than outer substance for me - and sometimes when I know *exactly* what they look like, but want a visual to go along with it - I will go through the files and *find* my characters. Sometimes, I have to pull in extra magazines or do additional research on the internet because no one fits quite right, but eventually, I usually find just what I'm looking for.

LadyRedgrave in Guyana said...

They will make a great couple. Their stories fit.

Jen said...

They look fabulous! Very sexy. Very hot. Great storyline.

Cryna said...

Hi.....I think that they look great together and will make a terrific couple.

Judy F said...

If she doesn't want him I will take him. LOL

Maura said...

Nice pictures and character descriptions, Lucy!

I swear I recognize the woman but, try as I might, I can't figure out from where.

Hugs! Any idea the timeline for this book?

Stacy~ said...

I think they look great together, and I love Sandor's longer hair. He actually kinda reminds me of my version of Simon from the Real Deal. He could be both LOL. Can't wait for the story :)

Lucy Monroe said...

Oh...I'm so glad you all agree with me. :) I'm already having so much fun with this story. Sandor is so cluelessly alpha. LOL

Maura...the pic is from a magazine advert, must have been a two page spread because the credits aren't actually on her page. It could be an add for jewelry or perfume, you know?

And the book is due June 23rd (the last of my hopelessly tight deadlines for the year, I'm hoping...so long as I keep up with the others and don't run into any snags...) and will be out sometime next year. I actually am not sure of release dates yet, but *probably* in the first half of '07.

Stacy...the inspiration I used for Simon was um...dh and Adrian Paul. :) But I can so see where you'd think my "Sandor" would make a good Simon. LOL

Thanks EVERYONE for posting. This is fun, isn't it?

Michelle B said...

Oooo great pictures and character info Lucy. I can't wait to read this story:) Sometimes I think the character descriptions are more interesting than the blurbs on the back of the book about the story itself! I wish we could have those as well when deciding whether or not to buy a book.

Joni said...

If it doesn't work out between these two, send him my way and I'll whip him into even better shape..LOL They really do make a perfect pair though! Can't wait to read more about each of them!

Danica/Dream said...

What a great couple!

Lucy Monroe said...

Michelle...I know what you mean. There have been times that the back cover copy turned me off a book by a fave author and then I'll read it later and want to smack myself for letting it influence me like that. On the other hand, I think I've been really lucky so far with my own back cover copy. While it's short on the Presents books, it gives a pretty good indicator of the flavor of the book. I've been suckered in by back cover copy too...and thought the book was nothing like the description. I don't blame the author though...I know how little input we can get on the ultimate package. :)

LOL Joni...you are always up for taking care of a hottie. ::smirk::

Thanks, Danica...I've missed you. How's the writing going?

lidia said...

Lucy, Now when I read the book I'll keep their picture in my mind.

They look great!!!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, Lidia :) The pics really fit too...the image in my head, I mean.

Just Nicki said...

Hi Lucy

OOH these two sound great.

Now have we seen these characters before or are they new? I love new and revisited characters.

Cheers
Nicki

Lucy Monroe said...

Hi, Nicki...these are brand new characters. But if I get my way, the second book will revisit characters from a previous book. Watch this space for details. :)