Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Home Again, Etc.

We are finally home again and I've got one final story to share.  Hasn't got a thing to do with water either.  But you all knew this last weekend was the daylight savings time change right?  Well, *I* didn't and I showed up to the Celebrate Romance events an hour late and didn't know it!  No one said a thing, but I got some strange looks.  *I* wondered why *everyone* was done eating already.  I didn't realize my faux pas until someone mentioned the time a few hours later and I realized I was 30 minutes late for lunch with some readers!!!  They were too sweet though and it was all good.
 
It's nice to be home. LOL
 
And here's a lovely looking book, don't you think?
 
 
It has been years since exiled alien king Jared Bennett thought of anything other than his people's fight for freedom. Now his rebel force has the one weapon that can turn the tide against their enemy: the key to the secrets of time. Victory has never been closer-but one woman has the power to change everything.
 
Kelsey Wells can't deny that there is something unearthly about her fierce attraction to Jared Bennett. His revelations about alien wars and time travel can't possibly be fact-yet with every seductive touch, every searing kiss, Kelsey circles closer to the truth: that although Jared is exactly what he says, he hasn't told her everything. And when the future crashes into the present, Kelsey must decide if his deception will cost them the love that should have been their destiny.

12 comments:

Holly said...

WELCOME HOME LUCY! Vacations are nice, but it's always good to get home, right?

I, too, forgot about the time change. I was being all kinds of lazy and then got a rather..interesting call from my mother wondering why I was an hour late for our lunch date. *sigh*

All is well now, though. ;)

Lucy Monroe said...

Oh, Holly...I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. :) I felt like such a goob. LOL

It *is* nice to be home!

Hugs,
Lucy

Stacy~ said...

We missed you Lucy! Sorry that Daylight Savings Time messed with your weekend - it always throws me off. I'm never sure I have the right time until I go to work that following Monday LOL.

Now you can get back into the swing of things. It's so nice to have you back :)

Maura said...

This just showed up in the mail today and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Michelle B said...

LOL Lucy! As you said, it's all good:) Even when I do remember to change the time, the time change really messes with my internal time clock. Oh, well. I suppose I'll adjust eventually.

Glad to hear you made it back safely!

Michelle

lidia said...

Glad to have you back! Your vacation sounded wonderful -- even with all of your misadventures!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks for the welcome home! LOL Maura on already having the book...I expect to hear what you think of it. :)

Hugs to you ALL!

Lucy

Stacy~ said...

I stopped to get your latest today but it wasn't out yet :( I did get the latest issue of RT though, but still, I hate not getting what I went to the bs for....

Serena said...

Nice to have you back, Lucy. I miised you. The boys say hi to you all.
Love
Serena

Lucy Monroe said...

Serena! Thanks for stopping by the blog...It's lovely to see you here. For those of you who don't know, Serena is a dear friend in Australia and a fellow writer as yet unpublished. :)

Lucy Monroe said...

Stacy...was that TEMPT ME? It *should* have been on the shelf, if not there, then in the back. I've seen it at Fred Meyer, which means the wholesalers have it and there were sightings at B&N and Waldens more than a week ago. I'm so sorry you couldn't get it when you went to the store. I *know* that frustration and have gotten to where I will call a bookstore about a new title before going in to buy it.

But lucky me, I found "Master of the Wolves" at FM last night too. So, of course, I bought it. :)

Jill Monroe said...

I just got this myself!