Thursday, April 06, 2006

Deadline Countdown - Day 24

I thought it would be fun to go through the process of a deadline countdown with you all, to share the challenges that like to trip me up while I'm trying so hard to sprint to a finish and some of the process along the way. :)  What do you think?
 
So, it's Day 24 and I've got approximately 210 manuscript pages to write, edit and polish before finishing my current Brava.  Since I have to start a new book for Harlequin Presents the Monday after I turn this one in, there is no room for slippage.
 
But what about a mom who needs some extra physical care and a sick sister who needs me to do the carpool driving this week and a hubby with gout (yes, seriously...he's sexy, gorgeous, alpha and has...gout LOL) which is acting up, teenagers on deadlines for term papers (guess who gets to edit them?) and a house that really, really needs cleaning since our return from vacation and lots and lots and lots of email?
 
Yep, all that and more and I *still* love the writing, adore my family, am addicted to my email and plan to make that lovely deadline.
 
I'd like to power through some pages today, but I've got a chat this evening and things are really up in the air with my mom at the moment.  So, I'll let you know tomorrow how that goes. :)  Right now, I'm working on cleaning out all my email folders so no one thinks I've dropped off the face of the earth.
 
By the way, have you all viewed my latest flash movie?  There's a link to it on my homepage for my website.  Let me know what you think!
 
Hugs,
Lucy

7 comments:

Kelley said...

Ohhh I love the flash movie. Those are great!!! I am going to have to get Touch Me and Tempt Me. Hopefully I'll get to take a book shopping trip this weekend!!! I'll let ya know.
Kelley

Holly said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you amaze me. I have no idea where you find the time for all the stuff you do. I'd be balled up in a corner, pulling my hair out and repeatedly mumbling, "I can't do it, I can't do it". LOL

I think this is why I'll never be a writer. I just don't do well with deadlines at all. Lucky for me, I don't have a job that forces me to. I'd go insane otherwise, I think.

I'm going to go check out the new flash movie right now. I love those. Oh, and I reserved my copy of Tempt Me at Borders yesterday. I'm picking it up tonight. I can't wait to read it!

Good luck with the deadline and all the family stuff, too.

Hugs,
Holly

Stacy~ said...

Oh I agree with you Holly! Lucy, it's incredible how you manage to accomplish so much and still be the wonderful and sweet person that you are.

As for the writing thing, I again have to agree with Holly. I think most readers have a little bit of that desire, but I have a hard time with the deadline thing. So instead, I will happily read, and have more time for books :)

Stacy~ said...

Oh boy, I just re-read my post and it sounds rather insulting, or at least it does to me. I know what I meant in my head.

I don't mean that it's incredible you're sweet and amazing, just that it's amazing you haven't gone 'round the bend with all the responsbilities and obligations you have in your life. I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but some people just seem to have endless resources of patience, generosity, and follow-through. I am not one of them - LOL.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks so much for checking out the flash movie, Kelley. I'm glad you liked it!!!

Holly...sometimes, I want to hide, but then sometimes, I just sit here in awe of how much I love my life. I love my family to death no matter how hard stuff around them can get and writing is like the best job in the world. So, it's all good and I feel very blessed. I really do.

Stacy...hon, nothing you said even sounded remotely offensive. LOL But thanks for posting twice. YOU are just too darn sweet. :)

And thanks, everyone for buying my books. You don't have to...I don't expect it, but it sure does bless me!

Hugs,
Lucy

Jill Monroe said...

Gout - yikes, poor guy!

Good luck on getting those pages done! I'm about to embark on my very first actual writing deadline, and I've been spending this week getting a lot of extra cleaning done, getting rid of the junk and gathering large sacks of outgrown clothes for Goodwill. Then Mommy will officially be off duty while the kids are at school.

Lucy Monroe said...

Good luck with *your* deadline, Jill. :)