Monday, March 13, 2006

A teaser from our upcoming guest blogger...

Vivi Anna will be here in 2 days to guest blog!  Here's a teaser to give you a little taste of her Sexy Beast:
 
A form crawled into a ray of light.  It no longer a beast with midnight fur and yellow glowing eyes, but a man.  Stretching out his rangy limbs, he stood.  His long black hair was sweat-soaked and he pushed it back from a sharp angular face.  Eyes that still glowed amber searched the jungle with a keen awareness.
 
Taking a step forward, his lean muscular body rippled with the effort.  Sweat dripped down the golden skin of his defined chest past his naval and into the dark coarse hair between his powerful legs.  Two jagged black markings, like lightening bolts, lined his hips on either side, diagonally swooping down to a point just above his groin.
 
He was as sleek and powerful as the black jaguar, a warrior protecting his land.
 
Okay...I seriously want to read this book, how about you?

11 comments:

Maura said...

*grins* I HAVE read this book and recommend it! In all honestly, I think Kate's Chanku story would be better if you read the preceding ebooks in the Wolf Tales series first (you get a much better world idea) but can stand on its own.

The middle story (Tiger Tiger) was really interesting to me. Not what I expected when I read the blurb but actually better.

I loved Vivi's Jaguars.... More Vivi???

Stacy~ said...

Maura & Lucy, you guys are such teases LOL. I am probably going to read this one either tonight or tomorrow night. It sounds amazing.

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Stacy...would I tease you? What...the innocent smile is not coming off as believable? Why not? I've worked years perfecting. :)

holly said...

That's it? That's all? You're not putting any more up there? *sigh*

That's wrong, Lucy, just wrong.

Grr, now I have to go buy another book.

LOL

Maura said...

I'm not a tease... really! Honest...

Dang, Lucy, I don't think they believe me either....

Lucy Monroe said...

Holly...if I tell you that Vivi picked the excerpt do I get any points for only bein an accessory to the crime? LOL

Maura...nope, I see lots of disbelief, but not a lot of naivite around here. ;-)

Vivi Anna said...

hehehheheheheee..okay, yes I'm a tease....

Holly said...

After I read this yesterday I went to B&N to get it and they DIDN'T HAVE IT!!! :-(

I was very upset until I called Borders, and they do. *g*

I didn't have time to pick it up, but I asked them to reserve it for me and I'm going to get it today.

I'm very anxious to read it now.

And no, I'm not buying it..y'all are a bunch of teases, for sure!

Hugs,
Holly

Lucy Monroe said...

Holly...you are the best...but boy, have I been there, done that. I feel really bad for readers who have only one bookstore or supermarket in their town that carries romance. When I want a book, I want it *now*. LOL

Vivi Anna said...

Yup, I'm like that too Lucy. If I hear about a great book, or my favorite authors--read Lucy Monroe--have a new book out, when I go to the bookstore they better have it!

Although most of the time it's not their fault. I know, I work at one, and sometimes especially in Chapters, they don't carry the really cool books. The books that I HAVE TO HAVE.

Lucy Monroe said...

Vivi...don't I know it? Bookstores, especially chains, have a lot more limitations on what they carry than most people know. They are also limited by their central distribution network for when a book can get to the store. But I love the booksellers who bust their buns to get the books unpacked by the official release date. As far as I'm concerned, they all deserve lots of chocolate!