Monday, March 27, 2006

The Disney Trip Update...

If you've read my husband's trip reports on my website, you know that our family tends to have adventures more than regular old vacations.  So, you won't be surprised to hear that the first hotel we stayed at had a pipe burst in the middle of the night and there was no water for showers the next morning.  That wasn't the funniest part of that little fiasco...I mean okay, so a car with two adults and three teens who have not showered more closely resembles an athletic bus than a family vehicle in inside ambiance, but what was really funny was I could not sleep that night.  So, I was awake at 2:30 in the morning when "maintenance" went knocking on the door of a room across the hall and demanded to be let in.  (Yes, the pipe burst on *our* floor.)  Having the rather keen imagination of a writer, I immediately started creating scenarios in my head and none of them were good.  I would have called the front desk to determine if the maintenance guy was legit, but I'd already decided the perpetrator was the smarmy night deskman and could only hope and pray all my fears were baseless.  I did get up and check the hall for any signs of disturbance.  There were none of course...the pipe did burst and nothing untoward was happening to any of the guests, but sometimes I wonder if my imagination isn't a little *too well* developed.
 
We made it to Anaheim without incident, checked into a lovely hotel with lots of hot water (in the same chain) and decided to spend our first day at Universal Studios.  On the way, the traffic was abysmal...even for LA.  Apparently, we were there just in time for a huge protest that slowed traffic on the major freeways.  It's probably par for the course for LA...it's definitely "life as usual" on one of our vacations.  Universal Studios is fab and we had a terrific time, not coming home until very late.  The Terminator 2 show was superb, but I missed out on the Van Helsing exhibit.  Sigh... The next day we went to Disneyland.  There are a lot of people in the world and most of them are in Disneyland this week.  I cannot wait to move on to Sea World, but don't tell Tinkerbell. :)
 
That's all for now...
 
Hugs,
Lucy

5 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Good Lord, your vacations are not boring, that's for sure. I'd be useless without a shower - it's like a jolt of caffeine and keeps me awake.

I got a kick out of your imagination - the smarmy deskman? Yep, I've seen my share and a lot of them could be described that way LOL.

I'm glad you're having fun with your family. Oh, I'd love to see the Terminator 2 show! Enjoy the rest of your stay :)

Nikki said...

Lucy,
WOW! I thought vacations with 3-1/2 year old twins were wild --I'm feeling calmer by the minute!

I just finished Ready & Willing --I really enjoyed them. My husband thought I would never recover from the pruning I got in the Jacuzzi the other night. I refused to come out until I had finished Willing --2-1/2 hours worth of Jacuzzi --I did relent and turn off the jets the last hour!

Enjoy vacation!

Lucy Monroe said...

Stacy...LOL My family is so used to me, they didn't bat an eyelash when I told them how happy I was that there really was a burst pipe. Shaking my own head...we do have a lot of fun on our vacations. :)

Nikki...you darling thing! I could smooch you! Thank you...and Josie and Nitro appreciate your willingness to prune for their sake. Really they do. ;-)

Jodi said...

Lots of people due to the fact that it is Spring Break for So. California too!
Our school district's Spring Break was last week. They always do that on purpose so that the families can visit places without so many crowds.

Lucy Monroe said...

When we lived in Washington state, our spring break was three weeks later than most of Oregon and Cal too, Jodi. We liked that a lot!