Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Another trip update and a very cool book...

Okay...so you are *not* going to believe this. Dh and I wake up ultra early for some quiet time...ahem...whatever you like to call it, only to hear desperate cries from the girls' bedroom. He goes rushing in and there is standing water in the bathroom. The tub has stopped draining and is leaking (must have been all night) and water is everywhere. (What is it with water and us on this trip???) Dh gets the tub draining...my sister comes over from her suite with all their dirty towels to help sop up the mess and maintenance comes to unstop the toilet, which has decided to fill too! The worst part of this? We didn't get our *quiet* time. Dang it! ROFLOL Oh...and we've got one more day in the land of Tinkerbelle before we get to go to San Diego and of my favorite places on earth...Sea World. I love Shamu!

I promised you a good book...so here you are:

CRIMSON ROGUE by Liz Maverick
(Dorchester, April 2006)


From the four strata of Crimson City come rogues: vampire, werewolf, human, demon. These rebels, rakes and unsung heroes have turned their backs on the extravagant vampire skyway, the gritty werewolf underground, the iron-fisted human stronghold and the fiery power of the demon underworld. Walking a thin line between heaven and hell, they make their own rules and follow their own destinies. Ironically, they will be the ones to determine if the City flourishes or fails.

Cydney Brighton knows them well, for she too is now rogue. Having escaped hell, she’s discovered that the City is not what it once was—and neither is she. Only one man understands her, understands what it means to be someone or something beyond control. He’s ready to come out of the darkness; and part-man, part-machine, he’s willing to sacrifice almost anything to make himself whole.

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness. That is too much with the water. Hopefully you will have better luck the rest of your vacation!
Our last trip that we stayed in a hotel, our bathroom was invaded by little black ants! Of course, it wasn't discovered until the morning so when I got up in the middle of the night, I got bit by the darn things!

Lucy Monroe said...

Jodi...we are so used to our little adventures that we sort of take in stride now. I mean, there was the hotel we booked two nights before flying out to North Carolina. We asked if they had a pool. They said, "Oh, yes." We got there...it was drained for repairs. There was the time the maid came into our bathroom while we were showering - together - to ask if we wanted service. We said, "Not *right now*!" There have been multiple hotels that messed up or reservations (really badly) and tons of stuff only we would experience on our travels. Like riots and such. LOL

Stacy~ said...

Lucy, you are the most exciting life - LOL. Other people have just plain, old, ordinary vacations where boring stuff happens. No broken pipes, empty pools or maidas interruptus. I'm almost envious, but not quite.

Stacy~ said...

Um, that was supposed to say you "lead" the most exciting life. See, I was so totally amazed by it, I couldn't even type it right.

Lynda said...

Lucy--
What an adventure, not a boring vacation that is for sure.
I hope the rain stops for your visit to San Diego. Right now it is RAINING big time.

Take Care and drive safely.
Lynda

Michelle B said...

Sounds like your vacations are never boring lol! Until I read your blog entry, I thought some of my trips with my best friend were adventurous (she's a bit of a drama queen and trouble seems to follow whenever we're together)! Hope you enjoy Sea World and the San Diego Zoo:)

Michelle

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Stacy...I knew what you meant. :) We *do* tend to have mega adventures. Wait until I write my next update...

Lynda...It would be great if it was sunny, but I can guarantee that rain won't dampen my enthusiasm for Sea World and San Diego. :)

Michelle...thanks! My daughters are both drama queens, so I totally know what you are talking about. And they feed off each other! Aargh! LOL

lidia said...

Lucy,

I am enjoying reading about your "mis" adventures -- though I am sure they weren't funny for you. However, the positive is that you will never forget these vacations. Think of all the wonderful and fun memories you will have.

One tip, make sure that you travel with a small flashlight. I've had power outages on trips and since then I never go anywhere without one.

Can't wait to read your next update!

Jodi said...

Your pool story reminded me of one from when my family was traveling to the midwest to visit family. At that time, my parents didn't believe in making reservations, and instead would drive until my Dad was tired. We were in Arizona and there was a convention going on so everything was booked. My sister and myslef stayed in the vehicle while my parents went inside to get a room. Since it was dark and couldn't see anything, my parents asked if there was a pool so we could use it the next day. They said yes, but it was filled with dirt becuase the insurance was too expensive. So, we get to the room, turn on the lights and the floor literally moved - cockroaches running for cover! Needless to say, we only stayed there for a couple of hours (too long!) so Dad could get a little rest, but he couldn't because he kept thinking about the bugs crawling all over and there were drunk men in the alley being loud.

Lucy Monroe said...

Lidia...I definitely laugh as they're happening. It makes life a lot more fun when misadventures happen to see them as adventures and since they happen so frequently to us... :) I'll remember the tip about the flashlight for sure though. Thanks!

Jodi...Ugh! I don't think even I could laugh at cockroaches! My mom doesn't believe in reservations either. We had a very interesting trip traveling across Europe when I was 18 because of it, but everything turned out good. No cockroaches and no pools filled with dirt. My first experience with a bidet though...had no idea what it was...so just imagine...LOL

Don't get me wrong...we were not well to do or even the upper side of middle class, but my sister's hubby was stationed in Germany and Mom got some fab prices on airline tickets and off we went. We stayed in some hotels I'm sure were used for other trades, but we sure had fun!

Hugs,
Lucy