Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Something to celebrate...

And a question.
 
First...the something to celebrate.  But you may have seen on my News page on my website that READY got nominated for Best Contemporary Romance of 2005 in the CAPA Awards.  I'm really excited about this.  Reviewer awards mean a lot to me, especially when they are from sites that *I* like to read reviews on.  A nomination isn't an award, but it is a lovely, lovely thing.  So, I'm dancing around my office to celebrate.  Care to join me?
 
Second...a question...but do you ever notice awards like this?  I list them on my Booklist page, but I've always wondered if readers care even a tenth as much as authors do that an author is "award winning". :)
 
That's all for now...
 
Hugs,
Lucy

7 comments:

Jaynie R said...

Congrats on the nomination Lucy, and um...no lol - Awards don't really impress me. They do however, look really pretty on an author's webpage *g*

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Jaynie...see, that's what I think. But it sure makes me feel good to be nominated or to win them. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

Maura said...

Congratulations on the nomination, Lucy!

As far as how I choose what to read, awards don't sway me too much. But I think it's a great reward to the author!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, Maura...oh, and Jaynie...did I say thanks? I meant to!

BTW...your blog is super fun! I wish I had more time for cyber surfing. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

Stacy~ said...

Awards are subjective so while I think they're cool and it's a nice honor for the author, it doesn't affect the way I select my books.

I do think it's a great way for other people to "discover" authors, yet ultimately it's the sales that tell the truth, as well as word of mouth. I wish you luck - it's gotta be fun to be recognized.

Holly said...

Congrats, Lucy. Honestly, I'm not surprised it was nominated, though. It's a great book. ;)

As for the awards...sorry, I don't pay attention to them either. LOL I generally choose which books to read by the synopsis or recommendations from friends, online, etc.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks Holly and Stacy...and as I thought...the authors get a bigger kick out of getting the award than anyone. But that sure doesn't diminish the kick for me. LOL

Hugs,
Lucy