Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Another book...

Things have been hectic with family stuff lately and I haven't had much online time...so I'm sending another book recommendation, but hope to have a personal blog up in the next couple of days again. :)

 

JEWEL OF ATLANTIS by Gena Showalter

(HQN Books, February 1, 2006)

 

Enter a mythical world populated with vampires, dragons, demons and Nymphs…enter a world of dark seduction and powerful magic…enter Atlantis…..

 

All Atlantis seeks the Jewel of Dunamis, which legend claims can overcome any enemy. Grayson James, human agent for the ultra-secret Otherworld Bureau of Investigation, has orders to keep it from the wrong hands – or destroy it. What he doesn’t know is that Jewel is a woman, not a stone! But once he meets this precious gem, destroying her is the last thing on his mind…

Jewel, part goddess, part prophet, is a pawn in Atlantis’s constant power struggles. She needs Gray’s help to win freedom and uncover the secrets of her mysterious origins. Gray needs her wisdom to navigate monster-ridden Atlantis. But need blossoms into passionate love as they fight demons, dragons, vampires – and a prophecy that says the bond between them could destroy them both.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Ok, this one is going on my maybe list. It looks a little more out there than I normally like to read.

Let me know if you LOVED it and I'll order it. ;)

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL I so here that...the thing is, it could be a while before I get a chance to read it. Books get bought, put in my overflowing TBR bookcase and depending on the author...taken out sooner than later. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

Stacy~ said...

Well Miss Lucy, this book caught my eye yesterday at the bookstore cuz of seeing it here - and I ended up buying it! It sounded interesting, and it was a new author, so I thought what the heck? Now where to find room for another teetering TBR pile....

Lucy Monroe said...

Okay...so Stacy...if you are the first to read it, we want an opinion. :)

Also...keep an eye for something I sent you in the mail. You've just been so very supportive and your cards lately really touched me...thanks!

Hugs,
Lucy

Stacy~ said...

Wow Lucy, you are too good to me! Thank you - it's very sweet of you and totally not necessary, but I won't say no LOL.

I send cards cuz I enjoy it, and I love to get mail, and I figure other people do, too, plus it's always nice to let other people know that you're thinking about them.

Chantal said...

I finally have a chance to catch up on some older blog posts of yours.
I read 'The Pleasure Slave' from this author, and I absolutely loved it! As soon as I finished I ran to my computer and order 'The Stone Prince' From eharlequin.
Jewel of Atlantis, and Animal Instincts are still listed on eharlequin so I think I will order them soon. I didn't real The stone prince yet, but I was really impressed with the Pleasure slave. I already have 3 books on the go right now. I can't start another one till I finish one of these first. Ahh, There are not enough hours in the day to read all I want to read.