Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Something different...

Sometimes you are in the mood for a different kind of read.  If that's the case, then what about a highly erotic "Regency set romantica" e-book by a brand new author?  Kate Pearce's "Eden's Pleasure", available from Ellora's Cave, has all the elements of pure erotica fantasy for the romance reader.
 
Or you could try "Take Me" by Bella Andre...an erotic romance about a plus size woman and the man of her fantasies.   In the seductive warmth of the Tuscan sun, Lily is about to unwrap her real self, and play a game of desire with the hot-blooded Travis. Will she be burned by an ecstasy that’s so all-consuming it has her seeing stars? Or will Travis open his heart to the sexy, exciting, and lasting love she has to offer?  This is a tradesize paperback put out by Pocket books.
 
If you're looking for sexy humor with a little suspense thrown in, then you should check out "Cherry On Top" by Kathleen Long.  Luke Chance is allergic to cherries—literally. He also avoids women with money, especially new money. But Cherry Harte is fun, different, and super-sexy. But is she on the lam? The woman’s hiding something, and he intends to find out what. Chance is a man on a mission…call it love.  This is a mass market paperback from Kensington.
 
So, there you have it...three wildly different stories in three different formats by three very different writers.  Don't ever say I don't go all out when I try to offer something different!
 
Hugs,
Lucy

9 comments:

Reese said...

Lucy,

If that book "Take Me" is about a plus sized girl, then why is cover model SO DAMN SKINNY?

Grrrrrrrrr

By the way, don't you also have a book coming out called "Take me" ?

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Reese! It's a provocative cover anyway...which will sell books which is pretty much all the publisher cares about. :) And yep, I do have a book coming out next year called, "Take Me," but it's a historical and hopefully the almost year lapse between releases will diminish any confusion there might be.

Fern Michaels came out with a book called "The Real Deal" two months before mine hit the shelves. Now that was a little disconcerting!

Hugs,
Lucy

Bella Andre said...

Hey, Bella Andre here. ;-) Trust me, you should have seen the size of the cover model in an earlier pass of the cover....

;-) Bella

Reese said...

I'm a hypocrite, really. I love the IDEA of a plus-sized heroine, but I'm not sure I could handle her on the cover. I'm awful, I know.

By the way, I saw Pride and Prejudice tonight. Lucy, you MUST see that movie.

Lucy Monroe said...

Bella...thanks so much for stopping by!!! I bought your book day before yesterday and as soon as I send my current revisions off, I'm going to read it. I think the model looks like a size 14/16, which is the size "plus size" models usually are. So, it's pretty in keeping with society's views on plus size. :)

Reese...is it *really* good? I'm never sure about movies made from books, but if you say it's great, I'll trust you. I loved "Ten Things I Hate About You" which was a modern adaptation of "Taming of the Shrew." It's available on DVD, right?

Bella Andre said...

Lucy,

Big juicy kisses for buying Take Me!!! Oh how I love you, let me count the ways... ;-)

And yeah, I feel like the model has a nice strong thigh and upper arm--I suppose she could be 14/16, which is what Lily is in the book. But really, I'm very happy with the Take Me cover. They just really got Tuscany down perfectly. And the guy on the cover, yeah, they found Travis. ;-) Yummy.

Happy Reading!!!

;-) Bella

Reese said...

Lucy,

If you're a purist about the whole book to movie thing, you may not like it because, necessarily, the story is compressed to fit a 2 hour movie.

But I'd say "yes," it's really damn good.

The guy who plays Mr. Daaawwwcy has got that whole misunderstood-titled-English guy thing down to a science. Mega sexual tension there.

I think you'd like it. (I boo-hooed a little bit in the theatre, but hid it well)

Reese said...

Hey, my picture's up here! That's me at the bus-stop looking for trouble.

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Reese! I was thinking you were talking about the modernized version done in 2003. I didn't realize there was a new one in theaters! So, yes...I'll have to see it. :)

And I love the bus stop picture. Fits your personality beautifully. ;)

Hugs,
Lucy