Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wanna hear a secret???

It's not a huge, make-0r-break secret 'cuz some people already know, but it's still a secret.  Which makes it interesting, no?  Sure, of course it does.  Right now, if I called out at the top of my voice, "Hey, want to hear a secret?" even my blasé teenagers would come running and ask me what it is.  That's the way secrets are.  They intrigue...they interest...they cause speculation and faster heartbeats and quick breathing...and talking in whispers.
 
So, here I am talking in a whisper...but guess what???  I have these scenes...45 pages worth to be exact...that I cut from Come Up and See Me Sometime.  All of these scenes are with Marcus and Veronica, the main characters in my December release Goodness Had Nothing to Do With It.  I cut the scenes for no other reason than my agent asked me to before I submitted the book.  They're good scenes...they give insight into Marcus and Ronnie (including how she got her nickname) from before the story begins in Goodness Had Nothing to Do With It.
 
So, what would you say if I told you that I wanted to share those scenes...all 8 of them...with readers on my website?   You'll have to wait for Monday to read the first one, but watch this space for further details.  Is that a cool secret?  What do you think, was it worth whispering???
 
Hugs,
Lucy

3 comments:

lidia said...

Lucy,

I can't wait to read Veronica's and Marcus' story. Reading some "extra" scenes will be a bonus!

Lidia:-)

Julia Templeton said...

Lucy,

I feel for you. I'm having to do the exact same thing with my current WIP :(.

Good for you for posting those chapters/scenes on your website though! I look forward to reading them.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, Lidia and Julia :) I'm really looking forward to sharing these scenes with readers. :)

Hugs,
Lucy