Sunday, November 13, 2005

To chat or not to chat...

I was visiting my friend Jane Porter's website and clicked on her blog because I was curious what form it would take.  As many of you know, blogging is a new thing for me and while I love some blogs, I can't abide others.  Supposedly clever snarkiness leaves me cold.  But Jane's blog was highly entertaining and I wasn't surprised.  She's a deep person and that is reflected in how much of herself she reveals on the blog.  Also in the way she does it.  Jane is a complex woman with a beautiful heart.  That shows in her blog.
 
Reading it made me wish mine was more like that, but what if it was?  You might learn things about me...stuff like I think the feminist movement has a lot to answer for - both good and bad, that my favorite color is yellow because it makes me think of sunlight, but I wear more pink than Pinky Tuskadero from "Happy Days".  You might figure out that I love my kids, but I'm far from a perfect parent, that my best friends are my sisters, that my mom is demanding and wonderful and whole bunch of stuff in between, that my husband is sexier than The Rock and that I read more romance than nonfiction, even though I love both.  You might learn that I'm an activist at heart, too honest for my own good sometimes and blindingly intolerant of negativity.  I am fiercely loyal to my friends and will defend those that I love to the last breath.
 
I'm not sure if I'm ready for you to learn all that stuff about me, but on the other hand...if you read my books, you've got some inklings already.  So, I'm committed to sharing not just books I think you ought to give a try, but myself as well.
 
We'll see how it goes...
 
Hugs,
Lucy

6 comments:

Kate Davies said...

Well, darlin', I think the cat is out of the bag now! :)

And anyone who spends any time reading your books or your website or your blog knows most of that stuff about you, anyway. Your beautiful, vibrant, unique personality shines through, no matter what!

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Thanks, Kati!

Hugs,
Lucy

lidia said...

Lucy,
Your character definitely comes out in your writing. I can't imagine you writing about a hero who is dishonest, or not loyal -- he could be mis-guided as long as he sees the "truth" along the way.

For some reason I would not have picked "yellow" as your favorite color -- though it "works" with your disposition.

I have not read Jane's blog -- will need to check it out.

Cheers and hugs!
Lidia:-)

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, Lidia! You'll love Jane's blog. It's very real, but she does a good job of reminding people that blogs are still "public personas" which is something for me to remember when I read a snarky blog and think, "I can't imagine being friends with this person." They might be sweet as pie in person, but very acerbic in writing.

I tend to be a "what you see is what you get" type of person. Which can be good or bad depending on if you like what you see. LOL

Hugs,
Lucy

Danica said...

Lucy, I'm pretty what you see is what you get too, and I'm not a big fan of snark blogs either. I can't imagine you OR Jane would have one.

Lucy Monroe said...

Hey, Danica :) I noticed that about you...that you're open and just *you* the few times we've met. Jane is too conscious of the power of words to get all snarky online. I guess maybe I am too. :)

Hugs,
Lucy