Tuesday, August 23, 2005

NZ was incredible and Melbourne is GORGEOUS...

We had a smashing time in NZ and you'll be able to read about in my hubby's trip report next week, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi and tell you all that we've moved on to Australia now.  Melbourne is totally beautiful.  I can't really explain it except to say that there is an appreciation for the aesthetic in pretty much everything.  The buildings...the structures...the way things are laid out.  Totally fantastic.
 
But then NZ was incredible as well.  The trees are just amazing...so different from back home and yet soul stirring in an altogether different way.  Can you tell that I have a love affair with trees?  LOL  Although it is winter over here, that didn't stop the kids from getting their feet wet in the South Pacific while we were in NZ either.  And the warmth of the New Zealand romance writers made up for any chill in the winter clime, let me tell you.  I don't think I've ever felt such an immediate heart reaction with a group of writers before.  It was totally fabulous and I loved every minute of the conference.
 
But my friend Serena says everyone in RWAus is just lovely and I'm certain I will leave this continent every bit as enamored of its writers and its people!  I'm certainly looking forward to meeting my online friends.  I got a chance to meet a few at a booksigning at Rendezvous Books yesterday.  Myrna and Annalise know just how to make an out of town writer feel at home and of course meeting Jane, whom I'd corresponded with online and a couple of readers I hadn't was the highlight. :)
 
Watch this space for info on another totally fab book...talk soon!
 
Hugs and blessings from Down Under,
Lucy

4 comments:

Josie said...

Welcome to the land of Aus, Lucy. Glad your enjoying it. Melbourne is a great city. Are you planning on seeing more of Australia while your here?

Have fun!!
Jo

Kate Davies said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks for the trip update. Glad you're having a wonderful time!

And your ears must've been burning because I was just wondering tonight how the trip was going. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Hugs to you and the family,
Kati

Danica said...

Glad you're having a good trip! Just so you know, I'm expecting to see pictures when you return. :)

Lucy Monroe said...

I'm back and hopefully the pics on my website will be as much fun for you all as they are for me. :)