Monday, August 01, 2005

Back from RWA...

I've got so much I want to post...I'm afraid I'll get overwhelmed and not post any of it, but I had a wonderful time at RWA and meeting friends, readers, editors, booksellers and other industry professionals was the highlight.  Definitely...I love people.  Traveling with the Cox family is absolutely a dream and if anyone here hasn't read Maggie Cox yet, you are missing a totally fabulous author who deals with real life issues in a beautiful way.  She's got a book out in Promotional Presents this month (it'll be out mid-month) and I hope you all will pick up In Her Boss's Bed.
 
I've just gotten the news that Cataromance.com gave The Sheikh's Bartered Bride a Reviewers Choice Award and I'm properly chuffed.
 
I'm also way excited about the release of my August book, Blackmailed into Marriage.  It's a very special book for me and the reader letters from earlier releases of it oversees have made me cry with real joy and grin until my jaw aches. :)
 
Well, that's it for now...
 
Hugs,
Lucy

9 comments:

Michele said...

Glad that your back safe and sound and bubbling with excitment and inspiration.
Looking forward to reading your insights!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks so much for the welcome home, Michele!

Hugs,
Lucy

Danica said...

Welcome back Lucy! I miss you already!

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Danica! I feel the same way!

Hugs,
Lucy

Jill Monroe said...

Lucy - I was forced, FORCED I tell you to miss out on some of the exciting parties in Reno because I was upstairs in my room reading Blackmailed Into Marriage.

LOVED IT. Finished it before I left for home!

It was great sitting beside you at the booksigning!

Lucy Monroe said...

Jill!!! My twin! LOL I had such a grand time visiting with you at the book signing. It really made the time fly by. And thanks tons and tons and tons for your kind comments on Blackmailed into Marriage! They totally made my day!

Huge hugs,
Lucy

Michele said...

HI!
Just wanted to let you know that I just finished
Beach Blanket Bad Boys and your story within it, Seducing Tabby.
That was such a delightful story!!!
I can relate to Tabby. It's how I used to feel, overlooked and on the sidelines. That is until my hubby swept me off my feet. To become the absolute focus of someone's attention,passion, and love is a beautiful thing. Tabby and Calder were a wonderful couple who embraced all those. Well written and engaging. Thanks for writing such a warm and romantic story.

Michele said...

I put in a blurb about Tabby's story on my blog.
I liked it that much.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks so much, Michele! I'm so glad you liked the story. Really, really glad! I had another reader come up to me at RWA and say that and I was so touched. It just means so much to know you are reaching people where you are trying to reach them, if that makes any sense. :) And thanks for posting about it on your blog. What a blessing!

Hugs,
Lucy