Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A terrific book by a popular author...

Okay...you all know that Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite authors, right?  So when she recommends a book, I want to read it.  Here's what she says about Julie Kenner's Carpe Demon:  "I loved CARPE DEMON! It was great fun; wonderfully clever... ninety-nine percent of the wives and moms in the country will identify with this heroine. I mean, like who hasn't had to battle demons between car-pools and play-dates?"  -- Jayne Ann Krentz
 
If that isn't enough to make you want to read the book...check out the back cover blurb below!

Carpools. Crabgrass. Creatures from the depths of hell. Suburbia has its problems too...

Lots of women put their careers aside once the kids come along. Kate Connor, for instance, hasn't hunted a demon in ages...

That must be why she missed the one wandering through the pet food aisle of the San Diablo Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, he managed to catch her attention an hour later-when he crashed into the Connor house, intent on killing her.
 

Now Kate has to clean up the mess in her kitchen, dispose of a dead demon, and pull together a dinner party that will get her husband elected to County Attorney-all without arousing her family's suspicion. Worse yet, it seems the dead demon didn't come alone. He was accompanied by a High Demon named Goramesh who, for some unknown reason, intends to kill off the entire population of San Diablo.
It's time for Kate Connor to go back to work.

Now, honestly...doesn't that sound too fun for words?

6 comments:

Danica said...

It does sound like a fun book!

Lucy Monroe said...

Danica...some books just really hit the right note, don't they? I think this one is going to find its way into the heart of a lot of readers!

Hugs,
Lucy

Michele said...

HI!
Are you the same Lucy Monroe who wrote:
The Greek Tycoons's Ultimatum and
The Greek's Innocent Virgin ????
I just read them both yesterday.
Liked both.
Wish I knew someone with THAT much money to solve life's little problems...and to smooth the road that completely.
*sigh* what a nice romantic fantasy.
Have to admit though, these are a lot better written than the OLD "Rich Alpha Greek meets his love" stories Harlequin used to dish out.
Thank goodnes!

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Michele...yes, that would be me! I love writing for Harlequin Presents as well as the single title market because I can do really different stories in each venue. I really love the line and am so GLAD you enjoyed my stories. I hope you'll get a chance to read August's release BLACKMAILED INTO MARRIAGE...it's a very special book for me. And it shows really well what you alluded to...HP has grown with its readership. That's one of the things I like most about it, I think. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

applejacks0711 said...

Did you know they're thinking about making that book into a movie?

Lucy Monroe said...

That is so cool! I hope they do it...I think it would make a terrific movie.