Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy July 4th!!!

Wishing all my American readers a truly happy and fun filled July 4th as we celebrate the birth of our nation!
 
I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to read a book with characters that epitomize the personal strength and independence of spirit reflected in a generation of people willing to lose their lives to birth a nation.  So, I got to thinking about what books made me feel that way...what stories had heroes and/or heroines that really rocked and here are a few recent books I'd read that I felt that way about:
 
Master of the Moon by Angela Knight - Both Lyr and Dianna are amazingly strong characters who will and have sacrificed everything for their people.
 
Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Alexion and Danger spend their lives protecting mankind...you just can't get more heroic than that.
 
Jamie by Lori Foster - Jamie and Faith are two extraordinary people who care so much about others that they pay a deep and heavy personal price.
 
I'd love to hear what your choices would be and why!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Deanna:

I have always enjoyed "Celia Garth" by Gwen Bristow. She is a very determined person who has determination to help win the Revolutionary War. Because of the war most people suffer either hunger, loss of property, embarrassment, imprisonment, loss of family and friends or any combination of the same.

Lucy Monroe said...

Deanna...sounds like a fabulous book...very intense.

Gena Showalter said...

This 4th weekend I read Undead and Unappreciated by MaryJanice Davidson and Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner. Two highly entertaining books that kept me laughing. Simply delicious!

Lucy Monroe said...

Oohhh...Gena...both books are on my TBB list! :) Now, I know I'll have to buy them SOON.

Josie said...

I'm in the middle of reading Jamie now. He is such a wonderful character. I've been waiting for his story for ages.

Another great book I have read recently with characters that really rocked, is Dangerous Deception by Sandy Curtis (An Aussie author who writes romantic suspense). Rogan was to die for!

(PS. Sandy will also be at the RWA conference next month in Melbourne)

Lucy Monroe said...

Josie - Isn't Jamie's story just delish? I've loved the whole series. :) I'm really looking forward to meeting Sandy then, too...I adore character driven romantic suspense!